Aside Posted on Updated on
- Get PDF from Danish authorities that doesn’t show content.
- Google for the message displayed on the first page in evince
- Find out that the PDF contains forms that evince does not show
- Install Adobe Acroread
- Print to Postscript
- Convert Postscript to PDF
- Ensure that the PDF can be viewed in evince
- Find out that the Adobe program makes Firefox and Thunderbird use it as default for PDF.
- sudo aptitude reinstall evince. No, still acroread
- /opt/Adobe/Reader9/bin$ sudo ./UNINSTALL. No, I got okular
- Systems setting -> Systems info -> default applications. No option for PDF
- Places -> Home folder -> Find a PDF -> Right click -> Properties -> Open With -> Document viewer -> set as default. Ok
And see also Getting rid of Adobe Acrobat plugin